In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Yesterday I rode a camel.

As I was the last person on earth without an online journal, I have decided to live it up and get one of my own. As I am jet lagged beyond belief from arriving back from my 2 week trip to Egypt today, (which was absolutely amazing by the way), I'll make this a short entry and throw some pictures on for good measure.

Top 5 List of Shallow Reasons I'm Glad to be Back in the States:
1. I can use my good eye make-up remover instead of the crap I got for travelling because of it's small sized bottle that feels, essentially, like rubbing vegetable oil on your eyes. (Resist the urge to experience that sensation and take my word for it.)
2. I no longer experience the cramping sensation of someone ramming a pitchfork repeatedly into my upper torso area.
3. I can throw toilet paper into the toilet instead of a trashcan.
4. I can indulge in my lip gloss obsession in public without fear of being thought a slutty.
5. There are no invisible insects biting my face, resulting in large, red welts.

I'll do a Top 5 Things I'll Miss About Egypt list when I'm not falling onto the keyboard from fatigue. (Which reminds me of this show I saw while over there about a dog with narcolepsy so bad that it couldn't take more than a few steps before falling, face first, onto the ground. It was equally disturbing and hilarious.)



Camel & Sara, BFF! (Best Friends Forever for those not in the know...)
King Tut's Tomb in Valley of the Kings (notice my Indiana Jones-ish hat which made me doubly as cool.)
My much loved Arabic boys: Jesse, Tim, & Pat
Um... this is me, and a crocodile, and an Egyptian man.
Why hello Sphinx! So nice to meet you!

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Lola said...

Who's that lady with you at the tomb? Also, does you having a link to the Tristan Prettyman site mean you already have her CD? I just got it and I already made a copy of it for you. If you already have it, return it, you're ruining my surprise. Also also, I've had your Christmas present for three weeks and haven't told you what it is yet. Proud?
Love you! See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home