In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Monday, November 21, 2005

Birds and Bees

Today was my first day back at the school I work in as a building subsitute. I love it and missed it while I was gone. Everyone asked how my trip was and a welcome back was even printed in the weekly staff newsletter. Yesssssss...
While at school today, I helped out in a 6th grade class while they were learning about the reproductive system. (Can you feel the awkwardness?) I would like to highlight for you the following questions, which were asked in complete seriousness:
-"If you have sex RIGHT after you have a baby and you get pregnant again immediately, would it be a twin?"
-"When a pregnant woman goes pee, does she pee out the baby's pee too?"
-"Why do boys and girls have different parts?"
-"Can my testacle crack?"
-"I saw on Maury that you can be a sister and a mom to your baby... Is that true?"
Also worth mentioning was seeing a 2nd grader, a white-as-white-can-be and spastic ADD boy, come up to me with his hat on sideways, throwing what I can only assume to be an attempt at West Side gang signs with his hands, and singing "To the windooooooow, To the wall!" Fortunately for everyone involved, he stopped the song there.

After school, I went to WMU's rec to do a kickboxing class where I was disgusted with sorority girls pansy punching air. Hopefully they were taking the class for the cardio and not self defense or, if presented with an unfortunate need to defend themselves, they would pet the face of their attacker at best with those killer moves. That was a mean thing to say and yet I'm not deleting it.
I had a bubble bath with a glass of wine when I got home which I would highly advise for anyone, male or female. (You don't have to tell people you do it- just try it.) I've basically been in an incredibly good mood since getting back from Egypt and am really happy with where I am in life right now, despite the fact that I am close to broke, have no health insurance, make maybe $60 a day after taxes if I'm lucky, and am hopelessly single. :) Sometimes I feel so incredibly blessed and loved that I could just about explode. Instead, I sing really, really loudly in my car and it serves the same purpose.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are loved by many people. You influence me by just speaking your words. I will be in town December 14-26, I think we talked some about this but this is just a reminder I guess. Keep the life stories coming, I will feel soon like we never had left Spring Hill...

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Well? So WOULD it be a twin??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home