In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Friday, March 02, 2007

That is a damn good friend.

I just watched the movie, Marie Antoinette. It does not show her getting beheaded at the end. I googled her name and found this which is fascinating in a disgusting way:

After they had been imprisoned, Paris erupted into violence. The mob invaded the prisons and massacred anyone suspected of royalist leanings. Marie Antoinette's dearest friend, the Princesse de Lamballe, was captured and told to repudiate her oath of loyalty to the queen. When she refused, she was murdered by repeated hammer-blows to the head. Her body was then torn apart and her head placed on a pike.
-Wikipedia

That is disgusting. And fascinating.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Don't get me wrong, I think you're the awesomest, but I think in that situation, I just might be like "Sara who?" I feel that our friendship is such that you would understand and totally forgive me later.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sara said...

It's cool. Hammers are a little rough and, frankly, I really wouldn't want to see your decapitated head swung in front of my face anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home