In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Thursday, August 02, 2007

I am a stress junkie. It sucks, but it's better than being a coke junkie or something.

This morning I was leaving Ryan's place to go to work back in Kalamazoo and realized that I didn't have my wallet. I freaked. Ryan was in the shower. The following is an account of my 10 minutes of freaking out.

-Enter bathroom #1
Me: "Ry! I can't find my wallet! I don't know where it is! This sucks! It's at the movie theater or something!" (We saw Chuck and Larry. It was bad. Don't see it.)
Ryan: "We'll find it. It's here somewhere."

-Leave bathroom/look in Ryan's car = no wallet/ look in my bag again = no wallet

-Enter bathroom #2
Me: "HONEY! I left it a Qdoba. Honey! Someone is going to steal my wallet! Someone stole my wallet and I have every card I OWN in that wallet! Honeeeeeey! (Tears start here.)"
Ryan: "No they aren't. This is Grandville babe. I'll just call them on my lunch break. It'll be fine."
Me: "Why WOULDN'T they steal it!? Honey, I'm going to be sick."
Ryan: "Sara. It's fine. No one stole it. Seriously. You're fine."

-Leave bathroom/look in Ryan's car again = no wallet/realization begins to slooooowly set in = "Wait a second... we didn't take Ryan's car... we took my car.../ check my car = wallet under seat

-Enter bathroom #3
Me: "Umm... it was in my car. I forgot. We took my car. So... I have my wallet."
Ryan: "Babe, our kids are going to be dumb."


Yaaaaay wallet!

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Um.. I don't think you're crazy at all. That entire thing would have happened if I couldn't find my wallet too. Except, if it were me, I would have realized my wallet was missing while lying in bed and then I would have had to get up, even though it was 1am and find it RIGHT THAT SECOND.
Also, your kids aren't going to be dumb. They're going to be conscientious .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home