In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Your sign is absolutely idiotic.

I think that the cutesy phrases on church signs and the like are nauseating. I get these images of someone being so proud of themselves for being JUST SO clever to have come up with such a witty phrase.

AS IN:

(Seen outside of a vet's office) "If you want to know what soap tastes like, wash a dog."

This is idiotic. FIRST of all, you typically use a phrase utilizing "If you want to know what...then..." when it is something ordinarily unattainable. Such as in, "If you want a taste of heaven, try this cake," or "If you want a real taste of New York, go to such-and-such a restaurant." If I wanted to know what soap tasted like, I'd put the damn bar in my mouth.

Which leads me to my SECOND point: no one would WANT to know what soap tasted like! Again, the "If you... then do..." phrases should only be used in instances in which the outcome is desired. NO ONE wants to taste soap.

I don't care if it was just supposed to be funny, as in, "haha- Washing dogs really IS funny because you really DO get soap in your mouth!" But it's not funny. It's a waste of reading. I would never go to that vet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home