In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

About my eyes...

Today I would like to talk about the fact that when I was getting ready for work this morning, I noticed that I am getting smile lines around my eyes. Thus, I will be forced in a few short years to either wear sunglasses everywhere or to never smile. I have documented this unfortunate discovery for you below. Trust me- they are there. (And I realize that I might be classifying myself as a lunatic for taking pictures of my own eyes this morning. Shut up.)

On another note, at school today two 6th graders were arguing about their answers to a math problem.
Marlon: "The answer is 10."
Antania: "Nuh-uh. The answer is 20!"
Marlon: "10."
Antania: "20!....(insert frustrated pause.) I look better'n you!"

I thought about this response and have decided that it could be applied to other situations in which frustration allows for no other logical response. For example:
1. When being pulled over for speeding: "No, I wasn't late for anything... I look better'n you!"
2. When being broken up with: "So this is it?... I look better'n you!"
3. When caught lying: "Ok, that wasn't true... I look better'n you!"

See how useful this could be? I think that she might really be on to something. It certainly shut Marlon up.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger academicecs said...

The lines under your eyes probably have something to do with you never contacting people that care about you and then you feel remorse/guilt/etc. If this keeps up the way that it's been, you'll have lines like the Grand Canyon soon. Oh, by the way, the wine party is off. We're inviting people that are FRIENDS. Not just acquaintances.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home