In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Turkey Hunting: A Photo Journal

Ryan and I went up north turkey hunting with my sister Alison and my brother-in-law Ben. Here's a brief photo documentary of our trip.


We went to the National Wild Turkey Federation dinner. Ryan won a rifle. Turkey hunters like rifles. Ryan is now a turkey hunter.

I brought Victoria. Remember I have that super cute traveling case? She is the cutest rat. We took a nap together on my new hammock today. She is eating a doughnut.

Ryan and I shot his gun. This is our 'special' picture with the hot earphones on so we don't blow our eardrums out shooting at paper turkeys. You can't just smile normal with something like that making you look... like that...

This is me shooting Ry's rifle. I am a good shot. And, as it happens, steadying yourself like that makes your butt look really good in your jeans.

We went fishing. Ryan tried to give me some helpful hints on fishing. I didn't want any helpful fishing hints. I told him that. Then he got angry because I freak out when the boat starts going into the reeds so the reeds start engulfing me. Something might be in there and then I couldn't get out fast enough. Ryan said only to yell like that if I'm dying. But I might have been if we hadn't have gotten out of the damn reeds faster.



Ryan caught a fish. We didn't have a net with us so he threw it on the bottom of the boat and it flipped all the way over to my side and kept smacking my butt under my seat. Ryan laughed a lot...

... so I caught a bigger fish.

Then, we went hunting.


Hunting is hard.


Finding morels is much better. And I look better posing on the forest floor with tiny mushrooms than I do in camo anyway.


THE END

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Thao said...

Of course you would catch the bigger fish ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home