In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back when I was a bagger, things were different.

I used to work as a grocery store bagger in high school. I was really good at it because I'm so anal about organization. I would pick and choose items to bag so that everything fit very efficiently and logically. Just because toothpaste comes in a box does not mean that it should necessarily go with the cereal boxes, for example. Or that you should put cans and two-liters together. So now, everytime I checkout with my own groceries, I take all of the items out of the cart in a specific order so everything is already sorted and organized on the moving belt. And ever since working in the grocery store, I have harbored this secret dream of one of the baggers telling me, "Wow! These are already all in order!" And I'd say, humbly, "Oh... I used to be a bagger a long time ago." But they always just f. up my job and I end up with frozen peas next to my macaroni box. The incompetency is disgusting.

9 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Dude. I do the EXACT same thing. All the cold stuff together, all the toiletries together. And what do I end up with? ALL THE CEREAL TOGETHER (light bag), AND ALL THE CANS TOGETHER IN ONE, HUGE, ASTONISHINGLY HEAVY BAG. What happened to using the cereal boxes to build walls and putting the cans in the middle?? This is why Meijer's new No-item-limit-scan-it-yourself lanes complete me as a person. It's like I'm back at VG's again. Before I got fired, of course.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need you to go grocery shopping for me--or at least meet me at the checkout!!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I'm glad to hear that someone else is as anal as my darling hubby. Of course, maybe I shouldn't be glad to hear it. I just don't like when they put the drano with the meat. That icks me out. Other than that, I'm thankful someone else did it for me so I can continue people-watching and judging in my head.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

And.. I have a blog. I thought you would like to know. Although I doubt you will have time to read it, since you don't have the time to update your own blog. Here's the site: http://mymidmidlifecrisis.blogspot.com/

So, yeah. Check.it.out.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Anyway Lola, everyone knows that was a croc. A croc of crap. Stupid kid looking old before his time. And using it to get you fired. He probably has no friends.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Janie-
I will gladly do your shopping for you. Just let me know. Or I can just go with you and step in and bag for you. I'll say, "Excuse me, I'm a professional," and they can't really argue with that.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Lori-
Yay for starting your own blog! :) I toast you with wine... from Michigan... that I sometimes drink alone... but not a lot so I'm not a wino.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
I do the exact same thing! I yelled at my husband once when we went to the store together and he doesn't go with me anymore, EVER. But now that I can bag my own, I LOVE IT!! Have a great day!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Sara- you should get on Facebook!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home