In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Friday, June 20, 2008

On teams.

I am embarrassed at my lack of postings. And I apologize to Lori who always calls me on it and kicks my butt back into gear.

I am finally done with school, but by school I mean teaching because although I finished work last Friday, I have been in a 9-5 grad class all this week. It is a teambuilding class. We took a survey at the beginning of the class and it said that I was a perfectionist and don't enjoy working in teams. Which is true because generally, I find that working in teams only serves to point out all of the people in the world who have stupid ideas and no concept of grammar or spelling. Fortunately, the class was actually fun and I was put into a good group without stupid, bad spellers.

Yesterday, we had to go through these steps of forming a team. In the first one you are all nice and happy with each other, then you go through a phase where everyone is irritated and has to get over the things that bug them that used to be cute, then you get used to each other, and finally you all get along and are a fabulous team. My professor asked if anyone had examples of working in a team and going through these steps outside of school. Here's mine:

Me: "I'm in this really close knit group of girls in a Bible study. Except I really hate when new girls come. It really throws me off for a while. I'll go home and tell my fiance, "We got a NEW girl today." And he says, "Sara. It's Bible study. That's bad."

Guy behind me, whispering: "It's BIBLE study!"

Me, to guy: "I know right? It is really bad."

My professor: "Nobody go to her Bible study."

I told them that they could, they just had to tell me first so I could adjust. I've apologized to Jesus about it already.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for finally posting. I was really beginning to think that maybe you had fallen off the face of the Earth. Of course, I knew you hadn't because you updated on Facebook. I'm glad you're back. I enjoy reading your blog. Even if you don't like new people in Bible Study.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home