In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Monday, May 21, 2007

Birthdays Past...

Ryan's birthday is this Friday, which has got me thinking about some of my more memorable birthdays. Because, apparently, when I think about my boyfriend, I think about myself...

My 16th: I had a bunch of friends over and we played whirlyball in Flint-town. It was fun, but my haircut and outfit was not. There is an atrocious picture of me opening a present in which I am wearing a blue plaid button up, my hair cut in bangs and then parted down the middle (a horrible, horrible idea for girls with round faces), feather cut on both sides in the front, and then pinned back near my temples with barettes. No good. No good at all.

My 20th: I spent my 20th birthday in Spain. Fortunately, studying abroad in London was not only good for my education, it did FABULOUSNESS for my fashion sense, opening my eyes to the classic suede and black combination, stilettos, and sleek skirts. Thus, I was much better dressed this time around and was sung 'Happy Birthday' in Spanish by some random guys on the street. Also, I bought really cute tan leather boots while there, as well as placemats with lemons and oranges on them.

My 21st: Lola threw me a surprise party. Oh man, I love Lola so much but she freaking sucks at secrets. (Although, to her credit, she is getting much better.) So, she told me about my surprise party, including everyone she invited, everyone who was coming, and even one friend who drove 3 hours to surprise me. So then I had to feign surprise. Which I'm bad at. BUT, she threw me a surprise party- or whatever- and it was really fun and we had an amazing time. Also, my friend Rob got drunk at TGIFriday's and lifted up his shirt and pressed his naked chest against the window that separated the party room from the regular seating area and I'm pretty sure that the ladies sitting on the other side were wishing me a really crappy birthday.

My 23rd: Frank, my boyfriend at the time, took me to a Bed & Breakfast in Shipshewana, Indiana (self-acclaimed, "Heart of Northern Indiana Amish Country") as a surprise. Unfortunately, I spent the majority of the weekend freaking out imagining the fervor with which the Amish Bed & Breakfast owners were praying for the salvation of my unwed boyfriend and I who were staying in the same room. (I'm seriously getting a LOT better about 'Stress Sara'. Or, at least somewhat. I think.)

My 24th: My parents flew me to Hawaii to visit Kristin. We had dinner on the beach and I got to wear my white capris which are dead cute. Except that Laura (NYC roommie) always called them my J-Lo pants. But whatevs.

My 25th: I flew to NYC to spend my birthday with my favorite city friends. I posted a blog on that experience before Ryan and I went back out this year. The whole, left my license and credit card in the cab, ate moldy cake, and borrowed $400 from my friends thing was not so good, but the rest of it was fabulous obviously.

Finally, although it isn't really MY birthday, I remember many of my sister Alison's birthdays as well. I spent a lot of these getting into trouble for playing with her friends and (quote/unquote) stealing them. Mostly, it was just because my funness was just sort of unstoppable. Or something.

Birthdays are fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home