In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Sunday, May 13, 2007

The title was "Things that are dumb" but then turned out to be mostly about the Dutch which was unintentional.

1. Runners who don't acknowledge other runners. Do the head nod or something! Running is hard and you're stuck up if you pretend that you don't see someone run by you. You deserve a tripping for that. Stupid jerks.

2. People who have those little dutch child statues in their front yard. Even dumber- people who have them apart from each other. CLEARLY they are supposed to be kissing. While I am not a big fan of Holland because I always have crappy experiences with the Dutch employees in the Amsterdam airport, (shut up about judging a country- you should ALWAYS put your best face forward especially if you work in an AIRPORT- some people never know anything about a country other than their airports- duh), I am QUITE sure that little Dutch children do not walk around leaning over with their butts out UNLESS they are about to kiss. And anyway, I spent the last two weekends in Holland, Michigan with my parents and then Ryan's and I NEVER saw any demonstrations of this. Only lots of wooden shoe dancing. And tulips.

Speaking of the Dutch, check this out: http://www.dutchtub.com/ I'm not sure how I feel about it, seeing as it looks like people are boiling themselves for dinner. It could be fun though. I don't know. The people in the pictures would probably be nicer than the people in the airport though.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Lola said...

1. Why are you wearing my outfit and my hair? I'm going to jump out of that treehouse and teach you a lesson about copying ones personal style.

2. I also don't like the Amsterdam airport where I also felt as if people were rude. Then again, I was in the Detroit airport last week and let me assure that our Rio Wrap employees are not putting their best face forward either.
Also, any time you land in the Amsterdam airport, people feel the need to bring up the pot being legal thing, as in, "Hey, do we have enough time between flights to go out and smoke a joint? Heh. Heh. Heh"
Heh. Funny. Never heard that before.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

I too hate it when runners don't give the little head nod...seriously its not that much energy. So today I went for a semi-long run and actually ran past quite a few people. I decided I was going to give the head nod to everyone single runner as soon as they gave me a glance. After passing so many runners the total returned nods was ZERO...unbelievable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home