In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. (That's from a children's book for all of you non-children's lit. illiterates.)

Today was not good. It was mostly a culmination of smaller things, but today was no good. I cried very hard when I got home. But, as always, I get reminded of those who love me and things look up: Josh called, Cindy brought dinner over, my New York mom Joan called, I talked to my own mom, and I went over to Melissa's where I ate homemade icing straight from the bag. I mean, she cut the metal tip off and I literally squeezed quarter sized tubes of frosting directly into my mouth. It made things much better. She told me I could take it home, but I threw it away. I was a little bit afraid that the next time I got sad I would get it out and eat the entire bag. And it was big. Someone would realize that they hadn't seen me in a few days, come over to check on me, and I'd be laying on the floor, comatose, with icing all over my face. And I didn't want to do that to any of you.

But it was good. And I will do it again.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Your avatar has been wearing the same outfit for several days. This is entirely unlike you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home