In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Things that are funny.

Things that are funny:

1. There is an MTV equivalent station in Egypt that is in Arabic. You can text message in stuff like, "I love Shakira!" and it runs across the screen on a ticker along with all these little blinking smiley faces or hearts or whatever. Most of it is in Arabic so my friend Pat, who is one of my friends I went to see over there, decided to text message in coded English slang. This resulted in things like "BEEEEYOTCH!!!!" and "I love the skin flute" running along the ticker because whoever monitored the texts obviously didn't understand. His number is now blocked. We figured this out when I was there and tried texting inappropriate things in pig latin.

2. The Anchorman dvd extra of the cast in the "Afternoon Delight" music video.

3. When I was in first grade I got sent to the corner for laughing at my crush, Lee Major, who was already in the corner and was amusing himself by running his finger along the cracks in the wall and making car noises. The teacher asked who was laughing and everyone freaking RATTED ME OUT! So I took Lee's place and then tried to act all nonchalant and do what he was doing. I stopped pretty soon after though because I'm not very good at making car noises. And I looked like an idiot.

4. The ornament I have in the middle, front of my Christmas tree which is a tiny Christmas tree shaped frame into which I put a picture of Lance Bass, the least favorite N'Sync member, a few years ago for Lola to find. I forgot I had done this and said to myself, "Sara- That was a good idea you had to put Lance Bass in your ornament!"

5. A kindergartener coming up to me to look at his paper on which he had written "I like my brother." Here's how he spelled it: I like my pmp. You figure out why I laughed at that one.

6. The claymation Mr. Narwhal in the movie Elf. "Bye Buddy! I hope ya find your dad!"

7. When I was about 6 I was at my babysitter's and I was playing with another baby she was watching. We were playing a game called "She-puts-her-finger-in-my-mouth-and-I-pretend-to-bite-it-but-don't" and she was LOVING this game. Then I accidentally bit her finger. And she started screaming and when my babysitter came in I pretended like I had no idea what was going on. "I don't know... She just started crying..."

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Lola said...

I don't get why he spelled 'brother' 'pmp'. That's not even close.
P.S. BABY BITER!! you never told me that story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home