In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

March of the Penguins.

I don't really have anything entertaining to talk about, but I kind of like getting on here when I get home from work so I will tell a short story now until I have something worthwhile to talk about later.

I am going to tell you a story about the movie, March of the Penguins.

When I moved home from NYC in August, my sister wanted to see this movie badly and I, having spent a year away from her, agreed to go with her and her then fiance. This movie is a penguin documentary. All penguins, all the time. At one point in the movie, it had these horrific, face-to-face, full screen shots of seals or sea lions or whatever swimming underwater and trying to catch the penguins. Godzilla-like mouths. All these teeth... crazy. So all the penguins are jumping out of this hole in the ice- popping out of the water and then running awkwardly away. So the music is all tense and all these animal lovers in the audience are on the edge of their seats whispering, "Please, please, let them all get away!" And finally, there's an above water level shot and you see the last penguin jump its little penguin body out of the water and away from a savage, seal ravaged death and everyone sighs a big sigh of relief. And THEN, out of NOWHERE, crazy seal freaking JUMPS OUT of the water, snatches the penguin, and pulls it back into the water! And everyone goes "OH NO!" And I tried for a half second to be sympathetic- seriously- but I started laughing so hard that Alison yelled at me. No offense penguins. But that crap was funny.

The end.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... I am getting addicted to reading your blogs and this one was about nothing, but I still laughed outloud because I can hear you telling the story and saying those things and it cracks me up!! You are too funny!! I love and miss ya girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home