In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Sunday, April 30, 2006

What I did last night.

Last night I met up with Muca, Brian, and a group of their friends out at Pretty Lake- a summer camp in Mattawan. They had a campfire going and stuff for s'mores and I made about 5 s'mores in 5 minutes. I love s'mores. Mostly, I really love getting the marshmallows just a little brown. It irritates me beyond belief when they catch on fire. Marshmallows are SO good. Anyway, we sat around and got all smokey smelling from the fire and it made me really excited to get to go camping soon. I didn't get to go at all last summer, mostly because camping in Central Park would suck. Because you'd probably get robbed. And I'm pretty sure it's illegal anyway.


So at about maybe 2am or so, Brian decided it was a really good idea to go out in a rowboat. It was totally a good idea, too. Four of us went which made the boat really low in the water, but we were stellar rowers. Plus, I sat on the bottom and didn't even get my butt wet, which is what usually happens when you have to sit on the bottom of the boat. Stellar.

Sometime after that, Muca, Brian, and I went back to the house where I was housesitting for the last week because it was just down the road and it was late. The not so good thing was that Brian immediately found dog pee on the floor and so I had to clean up that nastiness at something like 3am. After that, I somehow managed to keep Brian up to talk to me and tell me stories (which is also right up there by camping as one of my favorite things in life) until something like 5am. So that entertainment factor pretty much made up for having to clean up the dog piss.

On a side note, I can no longer steal internet from my neighbors. Apparently, the people who I got the signal from moved out this weekend because now there is no signal. I have to pick up a different one that works about 5 minutes out of the day. So I had to call to have the cable people come out and hook me up to cable later this week. Not having internet is so obnoxious. I feel like that was really rude for those people to move out without even offering to help me pay the set up fee.

Here's a picture of Ryno and I on Friday night at Burdick's. Pictures always make things more interesting. I think, anyway. I guess if you don't think so... don't look.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I can stay up that late anymore...it takes way too long to recover! It sure is a lot of fun though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home