In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I am seriously good at many things.

School is done for the summer!!! :) Except that I am teaching summer school, but that doesn't count. At our staff lunch on Wednesday, our principal gave out some awards to be funny. Mine was 'Best Response to Philosophy Behind Why We Don't Have Desks,' which stemmed from a conversation that went something like this...

Me: "Next year, I'd like some of those tables with cubbies in them."

My principal, Beth: "Well, we call it group settings." (Or something like that- I don't remember exactly, but point being that it wasn't desks.)

Me: "Ohhhh. So, like, when I worked at Victoria's Secret and I had to call underwear, panties."

I am a seriously good analogy maker.

I am also a seriously good house buyer. Because I bought one. On Thursday. I'm super in debt now, but I have the sweetest house ever. You can come to my housewarming party, ok?

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Can we get a trampoline for your back yard? it will be just like old times, except a decade later...

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Lola said...

p.s. Your grown-upedness is making me a tiny bit nervous. Mostly about my own lack of it.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great you bought a house! I can't wait to come to the housewarming party.....woooooooooo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home