In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Friday, June 02, 2006

Things that should cease to exist.

1. Clowns. Clowns are scary as hell. Furthermore, if you think that someone getting pied in the face is funny, you are also not on my cool list.

2. The process of getting ready for bed. I typically wait until I'm utterly exhausted before getting into bed, and thinking about having to wash my face and brush my teeth is absurd. I very often end up staying up even later and getting even more tired, just so that I don't have to do these things. I complain about this a lot.

3. People who get dressed up in costumes, such as Mickey Mouse. I especially hate when you're at a parade and these people try to come up to you. DON'T freaking touch me. I can't see your face and I'm not into touching you when I don't even know who you are inside that filthy, matted, fake fur costume of yours.

4. Any type of organized, nonsensical dance. Read: hokey pokey, chicken dance, or that everybody-clap-your-hands-cha-cha ridiculousness. I make myself look stupid enough accidentally. I don't need to do it purposely and in an organized fashion with dozens of other people enjoying looking positively idiotic.

5. Commericals where there are:
a) babies with adult voices dubbed over them, or
b) adults (often on the radio) trying to talk in voices that sound like little kids.

6. The following words/phrases: (I'm weird about certain words. This list could be really long if I took the time to truly think about it.)
a) crusty
b) toot (either in reference to a train or a fart- neither is acceptable)
c) "Spank-you" instead of "Thank-you"
d) "Ex-squeese me" instead of "Excuse me"
e) "Making whoopie"

4 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I hate that diaper commercial of baby with adult voice too.

And I never found the clowns funny. They either scare me or make me sad.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thanks for backing me up on that one. :) I'm sure there's a support group somewhere...

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lola said...

Is is just me or did two of those banned phrases come from the same person? I'm getting you a new dog to go with your new house. It's going to be white and when you're not looking I'm going to feed it orange things, but you'll be forced to love it anyways because you're Sara, Friend To Animals.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger anne altman said...

not a fan of crusty either.

or crispy, for that matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home