In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Lessons.

I'm busy. Too much. When is December here when these two classes are done?

Being too busy sucks.

Fortunately, it hasn't stopped me from planning wonderful lessons for my students which have included:

-How to pick your nose with a kleenex so that you don't have to dig it out with your dirty, dirty finger.

-How to clean off your shoes without licking them. Literally. Tongue to rubber. Which I caught two different students doing.

-That it is rude to tell another child's parent "You have a big nose!" and laugh. And say it three times in a row. Even though your teacher was hoping that the first time they didn't hear. Just KEEP on saying it. Cool.

-That hitting another kid in the back with a stick will actually get you suspended as it turns out.

-That saying "I can't hold my caca in anymore" is not an appropriate nor socially acceptable way to ask to use the restroom.

I've been very busy teaching.

I bought a little, tiny hamster this weekend at the grocery store to make myself feel better. It's our class pet. The kids come up and whisper "Good morning" to it when they get to school. I'm taming it. It's only jumped out of my hands and fallen on the floor twice. At home- the kids didn't see. I have D's sister (for those of you who know D) this year and she named it Sophie. The other options were Gracie, Cleany ("Because she cleans herself a lot"), and Eater. We voted. Sophie won. I would have been okay with Cleany though. It would have made Catboy feel less like a weirdo with his name.

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I'm really glad that you're educating our youth on the importance of using socially acceptable ways to ask to use the restroom. I always hope they learn these things in the younger grades.. you know, before they get to me. Come to find out, it doesn't matter how many times you teach them, they probably aren't going to remember. I know this because I made the mistake of asking a kid why it took so long in the bathroom. Silly me. I thought maybe he was playing with the water, or goofing off, or maybe he was the one writing curse words on the wall. Nope, he proudly exclaimed, "I was pooping and it takes me a while to get it out!" Nice. Really freaking nice. I turned red and told him next time he should just say that he was using the bathroom and leave it at that. I really don't want to hear about his pushing and prodding to get it out. Yuck.

Ah well... at least we're attempting to make them socially acceptable and fully functioning members of society.

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to think Catboy is a fabulous and very cute name!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home