In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Things I have learned from hanging out with boys.

1. It is not a good idea to try to speak to or hang out with guys involved in a computer/video game. It is actually somewhat miraculous how intensely they can ignore you.
2. Do not let a guy buy you a drink unless you are interested.
3. It is not a good idea to have a serious relationship discussion after dusk. It will, in fact, end very badly.
4. They make up nicknames for girls behind their backs which are interesting (Stripes- I think due to a shirt she once wore?) and often crude (Rat Ass was one lucky winner).
5. They really do hate seeing girls upset, even if they don't really like them. One of my all time favorite stories is when one of my favorite boys (who shall remain anonymous) didn't want to date his girlfriend anymore and broke up with her through instant messenger. So as to make the pain as minimal as possible, he would cut and paste what she said to him, IM it to me, I would type a response for him, and he would cut and paste it into his window and send it to her. Thus, I broke up with her. I was good at it and I bet I can safely say that it was the most thoughtful breakup she has ever had. I think that might make me sound like a bad person... Hm.

That's all I can think of for now. Add some on. Maybe about how you broke up with someone for someone else. Because don't a lot of people do that?... A few of you??

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to confirm, "Stripes" was so named because the first time I saw her she was in a striped sweater. I later learned her real name, and shortly dated her, but to this day my friends know her by no other than "Stripes."

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Matt,
Thank you for your confirmation. You boys were some of the very best with the nicknames. Ah, those were the days. All of us kids living in the dorms, co-mingling and talking about each other behind our backs. Let's get everyone together and move back into French. All of our life's problems will probably be solved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home