In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

NYC!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to NYC tomorrow! And it's my 25th birthday which I've sort of forgotten about in my excitement for NYC. And now....

MY TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING PSYCHED OUT OF MY MIND TO GO TO NYC TOMORROW:

10. If I get blamed by ONE MORE parent for being a racist as a cowardly and ignorant way out of their crappy parenting, I will seriously go crazy on someone.

9. I need me some NYC shopping something awful. H&M, Zara, SoHo... *sigh* Shopping makes me feel better 99.9% of the time. The other tenth of the time is usually just because sleeping is a better option.

8. I need to be able to wear heels and fabulous clothes for absolutely no reason other than because I'm in the city.

7. I'm missing the craziness. The cabs, the people, the subways... Even the crazies. A little, I guess. But not the one that told me that I was going to burn in the outer realms of Hell. Not so much that one.

6. I need some NYC food! I'd kill for some hot dogs or chicken rolls right about now. For that matter, I'm close to killing someone for no reason, so at I'm focusing my anger...

5. I miss walking around with my mp3 player and creating soundtracks for everywhere I go.

4. I need a break. Because my job has basically sucked. A lot. And often.

3. I miss the going out! I miss Jon and Gin Mill and Silk Road. And the craziness that typically ensues.

2. I miss my little Bronx babies. I need some BWA, MS 323 love. Although I don't encourage it, I'm not going to lie and say that it doesn't make me feel better to hear them call and tell me that they're going to mess up my present students. Because when Bronx kids talk about messing you up, they aren't kidding. And that's their way of showing how much they love you. :) And they love me an awful lot, even if they are little hellions in class.

1. I miss my FRIENDS! My NYC loves! Let's go out! And now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home