In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Reasons I miss college when I had a core group of houses of 5 or more guy friends.

1. They were always willing to let me curl up and be sad on them for a little bit.

2. Their efforts at cheering me up usually involved an inappropriate comment about a bodily gas or sex which only made me laugh because of the inappropriateness.

3. Often they weren't sure what to say, (particularly if crying was involved), and some of the following comments would be made which would make me feel better in an "Well, that's not really going to help, but your effort at making me feel better is" kind of way:
"But you're hot!"
"Want me to beat (insert offender's name here) up?"
"What a (insert explicative here)! I'm going to go find him and take him out!" (If the offender was of the male gender.)
"Sit here and watch Simpsons with us."
"Come out with us tonight! I'll buy you some drinks."

4. They would invariably do something stupid and hilarious such as:
-Fart
-Break something
-Tell stories about farting or breaking things
-Make prank calls
-Wrestle each other
-Watch Discovery Channel and laugh when baby animals got eaten or, generally, when anything was massacred
-Shoot bottle rockets up/down stair cases
-Talk about girls they'd seen that day and rate/critique their butts, boobs, hair color, makeup...

5. Make fun of me for being a girl and being upset over something silly. While this sounds mean, it often worked better than any of the other methods and did, in fact, make me stop being a girl. The only time this was not used was when it was another guy who had hurt me in which case they became intensely protective and then mostly just talked about different ways in which they could beat him up.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I really miss my boys being around to make me laugh, do something dumb, and/or offer to beat people up for me.

Somebody please offer to beat someone up for me. Okay, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home