In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Times I have been stupid.

I bought my ticket to NYC over my birthday next month. :) I could use a little NYC. On buying my ticket, I was talking to my mom about buying insurance for my ticket. Here's the conversation:

Me: I'm worried that my plane will crash and then I'll die on my birthday and that would be really sad.
Mom: Sara. Do you think that if you died on any other day I wouldn't be as sad?
Me: Oh. I guess not. I don't know. Pretend I didn't say that.

This converstation reminded me of other times I have had completely abusurd thoughts:

1. When I was about 10 I was afraid I was pregnant because my stomach looked bigger after I'd eaten. (This was before my mom took Alison and I to a sex ed. presentation through the girl scouts and also before Alison and I got introduced to a book at a friend's house which explained sex in what I suppose were intended to be kid-friendly terms and had cartoon illustrations of people who were extremely large.)

2. In middle school there was that urban legend going around that people would take AIDS infected needles and put them in phone coin return slots and in movie theater seats so people would poke themselves and get infected. It took a while before I was not afraid to sit down in the theater.

3. At the 8th grade dance there was a rumor going around that the punch bowl was spiked. At our girls' sleepover that night at Erin C's, I spent the entire night FREAKING out that I was drunk and didn't know it. My friends made a lot of fun of me. It was mean.

Here are some new pictures. One of Kevin, Frenchy, (on Frenchy's behalf, he is much taller than he appears- he was sitting down... This picture was bothering him...), and I last night and the other is of my new 'nephew', Kristin & Shawn's baby Kaden.




(Just because football isn't my thing doesn't mean that my avatar has to dislike it. I let her have her way sometimes.)

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, you are such a goof. Why are you teaching instead of doing stand-up comedy? What grade are you teaching? I forget. Janice's school had their carnival last Friday. We came home with a collection of little plastic toys that we don't want. We will put them in shoe boxes for Operation Christmas next year. So can I deduct the carnival ticket price twice on my income tax?
Aunt Nora

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work on the Avatar! That's all I have to say.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jet & Go

Stop & Go

P & P

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad is working on a Starbucks puppet. He is calling it Starbucky Carcuppy!!! Isn't that the funniest thing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home