In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Friday, January 06, 2006

An NYC memory which could have hysterical stories, but I'm not sold on the idea of posting them on here...

A random, good memory of NYC because I'm missing it. On the Upper West Side is this little Chinese restaurant called Silk Road. You get free wine from the time you come in until the time you leave and the food is good and cheap. A few of us went there so often that the owner knew us and said hi when we came in. So we'd go to Silk Road for dinner and there was so much that you'd always have some to take home for the next couple of days. After Silk Road, we'd go across the road to a bar called Gin Mill. I suppose that everyone in NYC has to have a bar and this was my roommate Laura's and mine. We knew all of the fabulous bartenders and what nights they worked. We got so much free stuff- lanyards, shirts, keychains, lei's, buttons... And an awesome thing about NYC bars is that once you're friends with the bartenders you get free drinks. Many amusing stories occur with Gin Mill involved. One of the bartenders, Jon, and I still talk sometimes since I've moved and even though he's Jewish, he was the first person on Christmas to wish me a Merry Christmas. :) I need another Gin Mill night sometime soon- February?... This wasn't a very good story, but it is a good memory for me and... it's my blog. So here are some pictures to make up for it.

Laura and I at Silk Road at my going away party.
Michelle, Lindsay, Laura, and I at Gin Mill.
Jon! :) My favorite maker of rasperry frozen margaritas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home