In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Yep. Still tired.

Hope you all had a fab New Years. I'm basically incredibly tired and can't believe that I have to go back to work on Tuesday. Yesterday during the day, Cindy and I got pedicures. Although the guy who did mine, Long, rubbed the first layer of skin off of the side of my right foot and cut the cuticle of my big toe down so far that he drew blood, he did share with me his clever ploy to get a girlfriend at parties. According to Long, the secret is: "Find drunk girls. Girls always very drunk at parties. Girls stupid! I make these girls my girlfriends!" I told him that that sounded more like one-night-stands to me. I don't think he got it and then I felt kind of sad for him. Anyway, I got two lotion rub downs on my legs because "Your legs very nice!" Aww! Thanks, Long!

Today I cleaned my apartment and called all of the parents of the kids whose class I'll be teaching for the rest of the year to introduce myself. It's always a little awkward, but not as awkward as that phone call to Charlie's mom. (Charlie did call me back by the way. He reassured me that he told his mom that I was not guilty of being the mistress to his dad. Whew.) Anyway, while taking a break from cleaning today, I ran across the music of James Blunt. He'll be my new musical addiction for a bit- sounds kind of like Damien Rice and David Grey with a bit more edge.
Of interesting and irrelevant information (as most of this crap I write is), the last thing I did last night before going to sleep to begin the first day of 2006 was annoy Catboy by petting him excessively after realizing that somehow the conditions in my apartment made it possible to create sparks when I did so. It even made a tiny snap sound.

And finally, I leave you with an intellectual question asked of me by neighbor Kevin:
"If necessary, how large of an animal do you think you could take in a fight?" I am still mulling this over.

Here are some pictures too. Because they always make things more interesting. I think.
Benjers, Alio, and I on Christmas. I am helping my mom's cat wave.

Me, my grandma, and Alio. (It may need to be said that Alio's actual name is Alison. She spelled it wrong once when we were younger and, being a dutiful older sister, I never let her forget it. While we're at it, Benjers' name is Ben. I don't know why I call him that...)
Alison, my dad, and I. My dad jumped in at the last minute and, being my dad, did this weird pose. Being myself, I found it hilarious and am laughing at him. Also, I own something like 20 of these camis now. (Camisoles for those of you not in the know. It's the lace thing. It's kind of like a little tank top. I would like to wear them everyday. I often do. True story.)

This is Catboy sleeping with his Christmas toy. He has another one, but it has an elastic string to it so I have to hide it from him unless I play with it with him because he eats elastic. And sometimes nails or paint. Often bugs. Or ponytail holders.

3 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Lola said...

A few things..
1. Benjers? you are freaking hilarious.
2. At first, that camisole kind of blended in with the sweatshirt and, for a split second, I thought you were wearing a bra with your sweatshirt open. I thought to myself "how J-Lo of her". For a minute there, I thought your love didn't cost a thing.
3. I called you back on Friday. Perhaps you didn't get the call. Or perhaps you hate me.
4. Catboy also likes to eat puzzles, if I remember correctly ;)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Lola- I try to keep my inner J-Lo contained. Particularly at family Christmases. Sometimes there are slip-ups but, fortunately, this time I was able to push her on down. Not today inner J-Lo... Not today...

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Dan-o, I am going to pretend that I did not laugh very hard at you calling me the incredibly offensive name of "filthy filthy whizore". How rude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home