In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Friday, January 20, 2006

About Grillz.

A couple of days ago I took a note away from one of my boy students who was trying to pass it. Of course I read it. I was hoping for a 'Do you like me' type note but, alas, it was just a playlist including (spelling left intact): Oh Yes = J-Santana, Fresh AZImIZ = Bow wow, and Grillz = Nelly, and more. I looked up the lyrics to the Nelly song which is apparently a song about wearing metal caps on your teeth and includes the following words:

Open up my mouth and you see mo carrots than a salad
My teeth are mind blowin givin everybody chillz
Call me George Foreman cuz I'm sellin everybody grillz

I have no hope teaching kids when this is what I'm up against. *sigh*

Grillz. Give me a freaking break.

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lola said...

What's pathetic is Nelly already karats line in a song. He has one that says "I've got more karats than Aisle G". Seriously, Nelly. You can only use that once.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Lola said...

in that last post insert "used that" between "already" and "karats". In the future I'll try to write posts with full sentences.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Laura,
I mailed package yesterday. You should it soon. I hope like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home