In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Sunday, March 26, 2006

My weekend.

I would like to tell you about my weekend.

-FRIDAY.
1. In the morning, I filled out report cards in the morning for conferences this coming week. I had to think of nice ways to say, "Your child is rude, disprespectful, and doesn't do any work. S/he is basically making my life Hell." I think I did ok.

2. In the afternoon, I went to a professional development on how to teach math. First of all, it was mostly filled with full-out math teachers. Math teachers make jokes about things like:
Q- "What's another way that we could get two from this problem?"
A- "Well, it's the inverse of 1/2" (chuckles follow- and I pretty much hate the word chuckle, but it is very appropriate in this context) At any rate- this is not funny and I made fun of the people who laughed at it in my head. I apparently turn into rude-Sara in situations involving math conferences. Here are some other things that went through my head while I was sitting there:
"That presenter has surprisingly nice shoes!" (They were brown suede.)
"What should I wear to Sara Kelts' wedding tomorrow? Blue spring-type dress? Tan suede skirt-suit? I wish it was warm enough to wear my new espadrilles. *sigh*"
I learned a lot about math.
3. Went to grad class from 5-9pm. There's nothing to say about that. It sucked. Except that I got 110% on my test from the class before. That didn't suck.

-SATURDAY
1. Went to grad class again, this time from 9am-3:30pm (we got out an hour and a half early). This grad class is on statistical research. It makes me slip into comatose mode. And people wanted to go on an hour lunch break. Seriously- if you're in an 8 hour long class on statistical research, why don't we take a 20 or 30 minute lunch break and get out EARLIER. This is why I turn into prude-Sara when I'm in classes. I prefer not to talk to anyone. I have enough friends. I don't have enough time. Let's get this class over as soon as possible. Plus, it was the second home baseball game for my WMU baseball boys which means I missed not only the first two games due to class, but the tailgate on Saturday. I compensated for my loss by going over on my HOUR long lunch break and having some chili and a beer.
2. I drove home to Davison (or D-Town as some of us locals fondly refer to it) for my high school friend Sara Kelts' wedding. (I will post some pictures up later.) I actually missed the wedding due to grad class, but did get to go to the reception and catch up with some friends. I also saw my high school boyfriend and first love's parents there. His parents pretty much hated me in high school. I don't know why. It was very drama filled. At any rate, I waved and smiled at his dad who was talking to someone not 8 feet away and was looking right at me. He didn't so much as acknowledge me. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was because he didn't recognize me with long hair. Because my face has REALLY changed in the last few years... Anyway...

And with that, it's shower time and then the drive back to my Kalamazoo. To do work all day. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home