In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Monday, March 27, 2006

Things I used to do with my neighbor.

1. Take her vitamin pills, pull them apart, and look at all of the little inside pieces on a plate. Then throw them away without eating them.

2. Play Oregon Trail- Sit on her bed, take turns getting malaria or typhoid, and pretend to wade through water as our oxen slowly died off.

3. Tie her Barbie dolls to her ceiling fan with hair scrunchies and then turn the fan on full blast. The Barbies would shoot off like missiles around her room. This game ended when we broke one of her crystal unicorns and her mom found out. Crystal unicorns are so overrated anyway.

4. Read her older sister's diary. This game also ended when her mom found out. This was not a game I came up with, and was basically mortified when her mom reamed us a new one. And anyway, there was some stuff in there about her sister that I'd really have lived fine without knowing...

5. There used to be a high school guy who looked like he wasn't in the most popular of groups who walked around the neighborhood by himself. I don't know why. Anyway, my neighbor came up with this game where we'd duck under her window and then, when he'd walk by, we'd sit up just enough to yell "Hairy butt! Hairy butt!" out the window at him. He'd look around and not know who was saying it. That was pretty mean. And by pretty mean, I mean really mean. Plus, he was probably at least 8 years older than us considering I was about 10 years old at the time. Also, "hairy butt" is incredibly disgusting.

The neighbor girl and I lost touch. I do miss the Barbie game though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home