In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Monday, November 06, 2006

Reasons why I am a big girl.

But first, Quote of the Day (by a student we'll call D. because, let's be honest, all of these gems are coming from the same kid):
-While sitting at group time, D. takes his shoe off, puts it on his head, turns to the girl next to him and says, "I'm a hot dog." Hm.

And now...

1. I just wheeled TWENTY-SIX 30 gallon yard waste bags out to the curb for pick-up day, all of which I bagged myself.

2. I cleaned my gutters this weekend. With a ladder. By myself.

3. I haven't cried in front of my boss this year.

4. I am going to start managing my money via Dave Ramsey. I keep thinking of this one Sex and the City episode where Carrie has bought so many shoes that she says that she is going to literally be the woman who lives in her shoes. I'm soon approaching the woman who sits in the alley and listens to the hundreds of dollars of iTunes songs she downloaded to her iPod via the damn, one-click ordering option.

5. I hooked up and programmed an electronic thermostat this weekend. So that I can save money on heating and buy more iTunes songs. Or, I mean, save for retirement. Or something.

6. I met with my home & auto insurance guy and set up tax-deferred annuities and investment options for retirement. Except, I made him do everything for me because he had me take this REALLY HARD survey where you had to say all this crap about what kind of investments you want to make and how much turnover or something or other and so I had him fill it out for me. I'm cool and trusting like that. Then, when I had to pick what stocks I wanted, I told him I didn't know that either and couldn't he just tell me? He said no. But then I looked so lost and sad that he would point to one and read me the details and say, "How do you feel about this one?" and that was like our code for "Get this one, clueless girl" and I'd say, "Hmmm- that looks good. Yes." I wish I would have had us pick code names too. Hindsight is always 20/20.


Completely unrelated thought: If I could survive on edamame and cottage cheese alone, I probably would do it. I think I could also add graham crackers and Fluff onto that list as well, but if not, edamame and cottage cheese would be awesome.


Look how smart Catboy is. He's probably the smartest cat ever. He can read too. All of those books.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Thao said...

Mwahaha... noe I can stalk you on every avenue of your life. JK. Or am I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home