In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Sunday, October 29, 2006

I don't think Jesus wore cologne. But, I could be wrong.

I'm not particularly sure if I have ever been this excited for a Saturday in my life. Seriously- I'm so happy to not have to get up and run absurd amounts of miles that I can't sleep and I got up early. I haven't had a normal Friday night/Saturday morning in months AND tonight we get to turn the clocks back. It's like I've got another lease on life. I'm the luckiest girl alive. As for the marathon, the 26.2 miles that I definately ran last Sunday, it went fabulously. A whole load of us went to Chicago: Brian, Dan, and I to run, Ryan, Muca, Amy, and Liz to be our cheer team. It was a long way. And it was cold. But we got a lot of free stuff and we ran it 4:25 which was really good. Also, Brian and I quoted Will Ferrell a lot of the way which helped. What did NOT help was old people running the race and wearing short shorts that let all the saggy old skin hang out. Rock on old people, for running a marathon! Wear some freaking pants next time! SICK! Actually, I owe some of them a thank-you because I'd have to speed up to get around them so I didn't have to watch it for hours. Anyway, Dan got his foot x-rayed, Brian's on crutches, and my ankle is messed up, but other than that, everyone's fine... I'm glad I did it. I'm glad it's done. I'll post pictures later. Last night, Ryan and I went to a Halloween party. I basically hate Halloween. I don't like people to wear masks and dress up and make themselves look like fools. I REALLY don't like not being able to see people's faces. I think that at Disneyworld, it would be best if the people just wore the costumes from the neck down. Maybe they could paint their faces or something. I don't know. I always dress up like a fairy or a cowgirl or something because then I don't really have to wear a costume. I should have just gone as Skinny Girl this year. Now that I'm done with the marathon, everyone's comment is, "Now you can gain some weight back!" Thanks. Awesome. Anyway, at this party, there was this one guy there dressed like Jesus and it was a good costume. He really looked like all those pictures of Jesus you see in church. And he was walking around all serious among all of these crazy other costumes, like a giant hot dog and a penguin. And some guy with scrubs on, cotton balls glued to his shoulder, and a squirt gun?... So at this one point, costume Jesus gets blocked by this group of people and says really somber, "I parted the Red Sea. I will part you." And I laughed really hard. It was funny. And kind of sacreligious probably. Also, he smelled like really strong cologne. Which I'm not totally sure is authentic... Also funny, this guy dressed up like Robin fell down the stairs- flat out tumble rolled all the way down. Happy Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home