In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Thoughts at 9:46 on a Tuesday night.

To one of my students: "Would you rather have BBQ pork or a chicken sandwich for lunch?"
Student: "What's chicken?"

One of my students to me: "Ms. Hinshaw, I can tell that you are going to grow up and be a queen just like I am. We will both be queens when we grow up."

I am running a marathon this weekend. I am scheduling a pedicure as soon as the swelling goes down. In, like, a month. Also, I will be going out every Friday night from now until Christmas. Because I can. And I'll probably keep eating Qdoba and Coldstone's every weekend too. They give you a pass to do that stuff when you run the Chicago Marathon. It's, like, part of your $90 entry fee I think.

I wore my suede pants and a black Banana Republic button down to school today with my black heels. Your days are always better when you have black and suede on. I don't know what it is. Places should have black and suede days at work instead of jeans day. Jeans day makes me want to lay down on the couch and catch up on Grey's Anatomy season two which I bought even though I saw them all already. It does not make me want to think of how to explain to my kids what chicken is. I just told her to forget it and I put her down for the pork. (And I did the opposite for the kid who didn't know what pork was... *sigh*)

Ryan, Tyler, and I in GR.

Tyler, Oliver, and I. Laughing at something.
Jess and I- who I haven't seen in forever!
Ryan and my pumpkins. I made pumpkin seeds afterwards. They didn't taste very good. I left them at Ryan's. :)

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Last night I stopped by your house on my way home and you weren't there. This is the second (2) time that this has happened. Please increase your home to not home ratio.
P.S. You look totally hardcore in that outfit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home