In this quiet little place...

Proverbs 31:25-26&30

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

FAVORITE STUDENT: WEDNESDAY UPDATE

I'm not sure if everything that D. does is funny, but I'm pretty sure that if you don't think it is, you have a crappy sense of humor.

Yesterday...

D- (Running to his desk, grabbing his book, and jumping up and down, yelling hysterically and pointing to his table partner): "She broke my book! She broke my book!"

Me- "No she didn't."

D- (Stops jumping): "Oh." (Sits down and starts looking at the book.)


Today...

(D. is sitting at his seat while the rest of us are at calendar time because he never remembers where his spot is on the carpet and spends his time licking things such as his hand or the carpet instead of moving to his place.)

-Student T: "Ms. Hinshaw! D. cut his haaaaair."

(I dismiss the class to their seats to work and D. comes up to me.)

-D. (Holding the back of his head): "Is I bald-headed?"

(I look under his hand where he is, indeed, bald headed. I start laughing. A lot.)

-Me: "Yes. Yes, you are bald headed. That was not a good choice."

-D.: "I was growing an afro!"

-Me: "Well, it's gonna have a hole in it now."

(D. spends the next 5 minutes holding his head.)

-D. (Comes up to me.) "Who cut my hair?"

-Me: "You did."

-D.: "Oh. Can I go to the office for having a good day?"

-Me: "No. You cut your hair off. Do you think that is a reason for a thumbs up?"

-D: (Holds up his thumb.) "This is my thumb."

-Me: "Um. Yep. You're right. Go sit down."

He's totally my favorite kid.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

I love your responses to D and please keep sharing these stories...everyone of them gives me a good laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home